Identify possible causes of a mobile crane overturning on a construction site.
Causes such as the failure to set the crane on a level footing,
- Siting it on poor and unconsolidated ground and
- Failing to distribute the weight of the crane by providing adequate timber beneath outriggers.
Additional factors affecting
- Stability would be the condition of the tyres,
- Mechanical or hydraulic failure,
- Overloading, incorrect slinging resulting in an unstable load,
- Operating when winds were too strong and driver error such as slewing too quickly, causing an abrupt movement of the jib,
- Travelling with a load over poor terrain and
- Colliding with structures, overhead cables or another vehicle.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links: