Identify the key stages of a workplace risk assessment.
A workplace risk assessment involve the following five stages:
- The identification of the hazards associated with the activities and tasks performed at the workplace
- The classes and numbers of persons who might be harmed;
- Evaluating the likelihood and probable severity of the harm that might be caused;
- Assessing the adequacy of existing control measures and deciding whether additional measures were required;
- Recording the significant findings of the assessment and carrying out a review at a later date and revising the findings when necessary.
Risk -Controlling the risks in the workplace
As part of managing the health and safety of your business you must control the risks in your workplace. To do this you need to think about what might cause harm to people and decide whether you are taking reasonable steps to prevent that harm. This is known as risk assessment and it is something you are required by law to carry out. If you have fewer than five employees you don’t have to write anything down.
A risk assessment is not about creating huge amounts of paperwork , but rather about identifying sensible measures to control the risks in your workplace. You are probably already taking steps to protect your employees, but your risk assessment will help you decide whether you have covered all you need to.
Think about how accidents and ill health could happen and concentrate on real risks – those that are most likely and which will cause the most harm.
For some risks, other regulations require particular control measures. Your assessment can help you identify where you need to look at certain risks and these particular control measures in more detail.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Useful & Important Risk Assessment Topics
- Risk Assessment for Work-Related Stress
- When Should a Noise Risk Assessment be Conducted?
- How Should A Noise Assessment Be Done?
- What Are The Five Steps To Risk Assessment?
- What is Risk Assessment & Safety Statement?
- Why Carry Out Risk Assessments & Prepare A Safety Statement?
- Who Needs To Read The Risk Assessments & The Safety Statement?
- Who is Responsible for Preparing the Risk Assessments & Safety Statement?
- What is the Hazard & How to Identify the Hazard?
- Who Should Carry Out The Risk Assessment?
- How Do I Control Risk?
- Factors To Be Considered In Specific Risk Assessments
- Working at Height Risk Assessment
- How to Do a Risk Assessment?
- How to Control Risk?
- How to Review the Safety Controls
Other Important Useful Links: