Outline the factors to consider when assessing the risks to a long distance delivery driver.
The factors to be considered in assessing the risk to a long distance lorry driver would include the following:
- Duration of the journey,
- Complexity of the routes,
- Means of communication to convey any message,
- Security issues like potential and violence.
- Physical and psychological capabilities of the driver to cope with the demands of the job, and
- The level of training provided.
- Soundness and proper maintenance schedule of the vehicle to be considered Load:
- Nature and weight of the load like hazardous / bully/wet or dry shall be considered.
- Further, there has to be provided for emergency procedures and means of handling materials.
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download