Outline the factors that might cause the safety culture within an organisation to decline.
Factors that cause the safety culture within an organisation to decline included:
- Lack of effective communication;
- The perception of a growing blame culture;
- Lack of leadership and commitment at senior level;
- Lack of monitoring or a failure to implement remedial action;
- Lack of consultation and employee involvement;
- A generally poor working environment;
- A high staff turnover leading to lack of continuity and loss of momentum in making safety improvements; and
- External influences such as a downturn in the economy, leading to job insecurity with the possibility of health and safety being seen as less of a priority.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links: